Does introverts get troubled by solitude?

man looking outside by window
Photo by Andrik Langfield on Unsplash


Introverts getting bored by solitude? Sounds like a joke right? Solitude and introversion usually goes hand in hand. Most people are under the assumption that solitude is like the main essence of the introvert heaven. That is usually the case but not always.

Introverts do like and prefer solitude over socially active situations. But in some rare cases some introverts gets frustrated by that same solitude they hold so dear. The funny thing is that, most of the time us fellow introverts fail to accept this fact. 

I have been in this same situation countless times myself. I too, like any introvert out there prefer solitude. I not only prefer solitude but I would kill for it. But there were times when I get angry at the smallest things. The cause of this frustration always confused me. It is a thin line between solitude and loneliness. And what happened to me was, this line got thinner. My solitude was finally beginning to turn into loneliness. It was a really confusing phase for me.

Until I realized that, like everyone else we also do need some kind of social interaction. A sense of being wanted by others. Its not strong with introverts like it is with other people, but it is there inside every one of us.

So one way to completely enjoy the solitude we so cherish is to force ourselves into some occasional social events. Something that gives you a sense of being a part of the society but not enough to totally exhaust yourself. Take it slow and you will eventually  get used to the occasional going out. Why this is important is because, this help remind you how comforting solitude actually is.Hope this helped.

Does excess solitude trouble you? Share your experience in the comments.

Post a Comment

0 Comments